Thursday, March 15, 2012

Review: Firelight ( Darkest London #1 ) by Kristen Callihan


Title:              Firelight ( Darkest london #1 )
Author:          Kristen Callihan
Pages:           372
Catagory:     Paranormal romance



The story:


London, 1881
Once the flames are ignited . . .
 
Miranda Ellis is a woman tormented. Plagued since birth by a strange and powerful gift, she has spent her entire life struggling to control her exceptional abilities. Yet one innocent but irreversible mistake has left her family's fortune decimated and forced her to wed London's most nefarious nobleman.

They will burn for eternity . . . 
Lord Benjamin Archer is no ordinary man. Doomed to hide his disfigured face behind masks, Archer knows it's selfish to take Miranda as his bride. Yet he can't help being drawn to the flame-haired beauty whose touch sparks a passion he hasn't felt in a lifetime. When Archer is accused of a series of gruesome murders, he gives in to the beastly nature he has fought so hard to hide from the world. But the curse that haunts him cannot be denied. Now, to save his soul, Miranda will enter a world of dark magic and darker intrigue. For only she can see the man hiding behind the mask ( taken from goodreads )



The view of a book addict:


I saw this book on goodreads and after reading the summary I just knew I had to get my hands on this book and read it. Paranormal romance in Victorian London if you ask me there isn’t a better combination. From the first sentence to the last this book has captures me. I loved every word!
The story just captures you, I handn’t read anything like it before and that made this a great book. I loved the main characters and I laughed and cried with them and I couldn’t wait to read how their story would end.

The verdict of a book addict:

What a great start of a new series, I can’t wait for the second book to come out!

Total of Ratties:




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments and I always try to comment back, so make sure you leave a link to your own blog! As from today this an award free blog. I love the fact that I get them but I just don't have the time to pass them on and your comments are the biggest awards I could get!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...