Tuesday, January 11, 2011

E-books and my frustration with them

I have an e-reader and I love it! but there is just one thing that really bothers me: The fact that I can't finish any series! The problem when your living in a non english speaking country is that the publishers are very stuborn in not giving up the rights of the books.

For example I love the soul screamers series but I can't get all of the books because they don't sell them in the dutch version of amazon (bol.com). I now they can't help it and the writers can't help it but it really sucks! My "normal" books I buy at Amazon ( the co.uk version ) but they don't sell e-books outside the UK. So the only option would be amazon.com but I don't have a kindle so I won't be able to read them on my e-reader and would be forced to read the books on my laptop.

So that's my biggest frustration when ik comes to e-books, I hope there will be solution for this fast because I really want to use my e-reader more that I'm doin now!

6 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. The world of e-books is just not fair. You have to choose between to much extreems there is no mid way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried book depository? I know they offer ebooks on their website. I'm not sure if they offer different translations but it might be worth checking out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sinnful Books thinks your blog is super cute so we are sending you the Stylish Blogger award. Click here to learn how to accept and pass it on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @clarissa Well I read most of my books in english sh that's not really the problem but at a lot of bookstores you can't buy e-books when your living outside that country. Because the publishers put restrictions on them and that's the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You bring up a very good issue.

    Have you tried Smashwords? I make sure that my books are available there since they offer ebooks in so many formats.

    xx,
    E.J.
    From the Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  6. @E.J stevens: Thanks for the advice I will visit their website. I hope I can get the books because I really want to read your books!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments and I always try to comment back, so make sure you leave a link to your own blog! As from today this an award free blog. I love the fact that I get them but I just don't have the time to pass them on and your comments are the biggest awards I could get!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...