Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Shifters

As every wednesday I want to tell you about the subjects I like to read about, at first I thought about talking about werewolves but that just doesn't cover all my books. I decided to talk about shifters in general.
Just like most of the people I know when I think about the word shifter one thing pops into my  head: Werewolf. As a teenager I saw an american werewolf in London and I just didn't know what to think about the creature. It didn't scare me but I was intrigued by it, how could a human body deform itself into an animal

But to be honest I never really got into the whole werewolf thing, until I read blood&chocolate. I loved that book so much and I have to say I even love the movie. Then I started to read the Anita blake series and a whole new world opened up to me, the world of the shifters. They weren't bound to the moon and weren't just wolves they were tigers and rats and many more animals.

So I decided it was time to read a little more about these creatures and at one point I found shiver, and after reading that book I really wanted to read more about the shifters. So today I am the proud owner of more than one book about shifters. At the moment I'm even reading about wolves! One of the most amazing novels I've read about them called Raised by wolves. Of course as soon as I'm done with the book I will write a review about them. So here are some of my favourite shifter books:



And I have a for me new series waiting for me the Shifters series by Rachel Vincent I can't wait to read them.


So that's it for today! Next week I will be talking about another favourite creature!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments and I always try to comment back, so make sure you leave a link to your own blog! As from today this an award free blog. I love the fact that I get them but I just don't have the time to pass them on and your comments are the biggest awards I could get!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...