Saturday, April 23, 2011

55 Question Book-Related Survey

I saw this 55 Question Book-Related Survey on another blog, I’m ashamed to admit I don’t know which blog it was.

1. Favorite childhood book? De griezelbus ( it’s a dutch book about a bus, a school wins a trip with a bus. On the bus a creepy man tells creepy stories. )

2. What are you reading right now? The river and the roses by Sophia Martin

3. What books do you have on request at the library? None, we don’t have any good books in our library

4. Bad book habit? I have a lot of books on my TBR list and I keep buying new books.

5. What do you currently have checked out at the library? nothing

6. Do you have an e-reader? Yes, and I’m so happy I got it!

7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once? I prefer reading one at the time. But when I have a long list of requested reviews I try to read two at the time.

8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog? Yes, I read even more now than I did before I started blogging.

9. Least favorite book you read this year (so far?) None actually

10. Favorite book you’ve read this year? Lover Awakened ( Black Dagger Brotherhood 3 ) By J.R. Ward. I just love Zsadist!

11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone? I don’t read many books out of my comfort zone. Maybe two or three a year.

12. What is your reading comfort zone? Fantasy, Young Adult, Horror, Historical romance/fantasy and Steampunk novels.

13. Can you read on the bus? Yes I can.

14. Favorite place to read? On the couch or on my bed

15. What is your policy on book lending? I don’t have a policy because I won’t lend out my books. I have done this in the past and the moment the books returned to me they looked horrible

16. Do you ever dog-ear books? No I always have a bookmark

17. Do you ever write in the margins of your books? No

18. Not even with text books? Most of the time I just mark parts in a text book.

19. What is your favorite language to read in? English, because it takes to long to translate all the books into dutch haha.

20. What makes you love a book? If the book keeps me on the edge of my seat.

21. What will inspire you to recommend a book? If I read a book I really love I’ll recommend it to anyone I think will enjoy the book also.

22. Favorite genre? Horror I guess although I’m also a big fan of the paranormal romance genre.

23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did?) None

24. Favorite biography? I have never read a biography

25. Have you ever read a self-help book? No

26. Favorite cookbook? A zombie ate my cupcake

27. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction)? Too many!

28. Favorite reading snack? Ice-Tea and chocolate

29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience? I think Twilight, I’ve read the books before they became popular here in the Netherlands but they became such a hype that I just didn’t want to read them anymore. I was just tired of people saying: You’re reading twilight? They are so stupid etc.

30. How often do you agree with critics about a book? I think I agree most of the time. I try not to read any reviews of a book before I’ve read the book myself.

31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews? I haven’t been giving any bad reviews. But I guess it would be really hard to give a bad review.

32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you chose? French

33. Most intimidating book you’ve ever read? Innocent Traitor by Alison Weir. It’s about the queen for nine days set in tudor England.

34. Most intimidating book you’re too nervous to begin? none

35. Favorite poet? Emily Dickinson

36. How many books do you usually have checked out of the library at any given time? None I don’t have a library card.

37. How often have you returned book to the library unread? never

38. Favorite fictional character? Zsadist from the Black Dagger Brotherhood!

39. Favorite fictional villain? Valentine from the Mortal instruments series.

40. Books I’m most likely to bring on vacation? I bring everything on vacation I don’t have a vacation genre haha.

41. The longest I’ve gone without reading: A week, when I was about 11 years old I fell of a horse and had a cuncoussion so I couldn’t read.

42. Name a book that you could/would not finish. I always finish a book no matter how bad it is I have to  know the end.

43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading? Nothing

44. Favorite film adaptation of a novel? Harry potter 

45. Most disappointing film adaptation? Eragon, I loved the book but I didn’t like the movie.

47. How often do you skim a book before reading it? Never

48. What would cause you to stop reading a book half-way through? Nothing because as I said a couple of questions before, I have to know how a book ends!

49. Do you like to keep your books organized? Yes I organize them by genre.

50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you’ve read them? I keep all my books.

51. Are there any books you’ve been avoiding? No

52. Name a book that made you angry: Again Innocent Traitor by Alison Weir. What was done to her was horrible.

53. A book you didn’t expect to like but did? It’s not that I didn’t expect to like it, but I didn’t expect I would love The Bannishin by Fiona Dodwell as much as I did. Thinking about the book now still makes me shiver.

54. A book that you expected to like but didn’t? None

55. Favorite guilt-free, pleasure reading? Pretty little liars books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments and I always try to comment back, so make sure you leave a link to your own blog! As from today this an award free blog. I love the fact that I get them but I just don't have the time to pass them on and your comments are the biggest awards I could get!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...