Thursday, April 7, 2011

Theme Thursday #4





It has been a while since I participated in the theme thursday, so today I'm going to participate again. Theme Thursday is hosted by Reading Between Pages First here are the rules:



  • A theme will be posted each week (on Thursday’s)
  • Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from the current book you are reading
  • Mention the author and the title of the book along with your post
  • It is important that the theme is conveyed in the sentence (you don’t necessarily need to have the word)
    Ex: If the theme is KISS; your sentence can have “They kissed so gently” or “Their lips touched each other” or “The smooch was so passionate”
This will give us a wonderful opportunity to explore and understand different writing styles and descriptive approaches adopted by authors.
The Theme this week is: Beauty related. So here is my Thursday theme:
His face was a goddamned mess. His body wasn't much better, at least not on the back. And his reputation made Jack the Ripper look like a Boy Scout. 
( From Lover Awakened, Black Dagger Brotherhood book 3 by J.R. Ward

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm. Intriguing snippet. Wondering who he is in the book.

    Here's mine: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/04/theme-thursday-beauty.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That snippet gave me a visual!

    I was stopping by just to see what's new when I saw this hop, thought it was great so I jumped on board for my first Themed Thursday! Glad you shared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you chose the "other side" of beauty =)

    Here's mine: http://www.playinglibrarian.com/2011/04/theme-thursday-5-beauty.html#comments

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining back. You always have some exciting reads. Are you enjoying this book so far?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments and I always try to comment back, so make sure you leave a link to your own blog! As from today this an award free blog. I love the fact that I get them but I just don't have the time to pass them on and your comments are the biggest awards I could get!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...