Thursday, December 30, 2010

Review: Vampire academy: Last Sacrifice by Richelle mead

Goodreads Summary:

Rose Hathaway has always played by her own rules.  

She broke the law when she ran away from St. Vladimir’s Academy with her best friend and last surviving Dragomir Princess, Lissa. She broke the law when she fell in love with her gorgeous, off-limits instructor, Dimitri. And she dared to defy Queen Tatiana, leader of the Moroi world, risking her life and reputation to protect generations of dhampir guardian to come. 

Now the law has finally caught up with Rose- for a crime she didn’t even commit. She’s in prison for the highest offense imaginable: the assassination of a monarch. She’ll need help from both Dimitri and Adrian to find the one living person who can stall her execution and force the Moroi elite to acknowledge a shocking new candidate for the royal throne: Vasilisa Dragomir. 

But the clock on Rose’s life is running out. Rose knows in her heart the world of the dead wants her back… and this time she is truly out of second chances. The big question is, when your life is about saving others, who will save you?


Review: Contains spoilers

So the story picks up where the last book ended, Rose is in prison because they think she killed the queen. Of course her friends won't believe that she did it and they want to prove she's is innocent. But time is ticking and they decide the only way to prove Rose is innocent is to get more time to find out who did. And to get more time they decide to get Rose out of jail and of course their plan works. Rose is out of jail and on the run with Dimitri and Sydney.

But at home things aren't easy either not only is everyone looking for Rose, they also need to elect a new king or queen. Back to Rose she has another task at hand, she wants to find the unknown brother or sisther of Lissa just as the queen asked her to do in a letter. And she gets unexpected and unwanted help from Victor.

Victor has another strange proposal to delay things at court he comes up with a strange plan to let Lissa run for queen. Because she doesn't have any living relatives she could never make it as queen but it will provide a welcome distraction. Rose tells Adrian about this plan in a spirit dream, and he makes sure Lissa gets to take part in the ritual of becoming queen. To become a king or queen you have to past a couple of tests and you get to experience all her tests through the bond Rose and Lissa share.

The biggest link Rose has is to find a former teacher turned strigoi named Sonya, this women probably knows who this secret brother or sister is. Of course Victor and is spirit using brother decide they should join Rose and show up at Sonya's house. They do help them because Robert is a spirit user, he gets Sonya back, she is no longer strigoi. And she does know who this brother or sister is but swore never to tell anyone.

After a lot talking Sonya helps them find the brother or sister and Rose is very suprised when she meets him/her. ( I'm not going to spoil everything. ) But that's not the ending of course because the guardians are called and Rose and Dimitri have to run away again. In the meantime Lissa has found out some clues about the real murderer of the queen. With the evidence Lissa provides through their bond and the things Rose finds out for herself she now has a clue as to who did it. But the ending is suprising, because they never suspected the real murderer. I won't tell anything about the ending you just have to read it for yourselve.

Verdict

I just let out a big sigh when I finished the book, what a beautiful ending to an amazing series. After reading Twilight I wanted to read more vampire books and so I found the Vampire Academy series, I inmediatly fell in love with the chracters and couldn't wait to read the next book and the next. But this book was diffrent I really wanted to read it but on the other hand I really didn't. I didn't want this story to end I just wanted to keep reading about them and that's why it took me longer to finish this book than it would normaly. But enough about me now let's go on about the book

If you ask me there couldn't have been a better ending to this series, it ended so beautiful! I was affraid that I wouldn't like this book because it would be about Rose a lot and you wouldn't know what happened in the lives of the other characters. But the bond Lissa and Rose shared made sure we did, I loved all the parts about the tests Lissa had to go through to become a queen. And she is going to make the best queen ever I just know it!

And of course Dimitri and Rose getting back together was inescapable they just belong together! But I did feel sad for Adrian because he really loved Rose and I just know he would have done anything to make her happy. So I understood why he was so mad at her in the end not only for the betrayal but for breaking his hart.

I feel priveleged that I was a part of their lives through reading about them and I will really miss all of them!

Total of Ratties:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments and I always try to comment back, so make sure you leave a link to your own blog! As from today this an award free blog. I love the fact that I get them but I just don't have the time to pass them on and your comments are the biggest awards I could get!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...