Monday, April 25, 2011

Review: Crowe by Joey Mills

Title:               Crowe
Author:           Joey Mills
Pages:             236 ( on my e-reader )
Catagory:        horror



The story:

Johnny Crowe is an outsider who longs for the acceptance of the folks of the small town 
of Fiddler's Picket. In the spring of 1862, Johnny enlists in the Confederate Army with the hope of making something of himself and, in return, earning the respect that he yearns for.

Leaving his home on Devil's Knob as well as his beloved Anna Lee behind, Johnny travels to Richmond, Virginia, to enlist. Over the spring and summer, the war takes its toll on Johnny's mind, body, and soul. Aid comes in the form of the mysterious Mr. Scratch, who always has a solution for Johnny's predicament in his magical trunk; provided that Johnny is willing to pay the price.

Follow Johnny as he works his way up through the ranks of the Army in the process of 
finding his way back home to Fiddler's Picket. Will Anna Lee accept man who comes home in place of the boy she once knew? What price is Johnny willing to pay to make it back to her? And what dark secret is awaits him upon his return to Devil's Knob?



The view of a book addict:


I really liked the concept of this book, the war and the pact with the devil. This last part made me want to read this book. I think it was a great story with great characters. I really liked to follow the story of Johnny Crowe, how he changed during the story.
The final meeting with the devil really gave me goosebumps and I couldn’t wait to read how that encouter would end.

The verdict of a book addict:


A good book that tells what war does to people and how they can change. And the Devil element makes it even more exciting.


Total of Ratties:




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments and I always try to comment back, so make sure you leave a link to your own blog! As from today this an award free blog. I love the fact that I get them but I just don't have the time to pass them on and your comments are the biggest awards I could get!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...