Thursday, April 14, 2011

review: The sky: The world by Jessica McHugh

Title:               The sky: The world
Author:          Jessica McHugh
Pages:             159 (on my e-reader)
Catagory:      Alternate history/steampunk



The story:


Who is Doctor Azaz? It is the 19th Century, and Azazian England is at it's pinnacle. Aeroplanes rule the sky, and crystalline technology has transformed life itself. But for stunt pilot Jack Racine, life is little more than an endless tailspin into liquor, laudanum, and loose women. But all that is about to change. For Jack Racine is about to have an audience with the architect of the age, the mysterious Doctor Azaz..
 ( Taken from Goodreads )

The view of a book addict:
This story is set in a diffrent world than we know, and that is what I love about it. The history, and the strange machines. From the first to the last page I lost myself in this world, the moments I had to leave the book it took a little time to come back from the world created in this book.
I was just as curious about the strange doctor as everyone in the book. I had a hard time putting this book down because it truly is antoher world your living in from the moment you read the first chapter.

The verdict of a book addict:


Amazing book that truly takes you into another world. A world with strange machines and great characters! If you’re a fan of steampunk novels this is your book!

Total of Ratties:




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments and I always try to comment back, so make sure you leave a link to your own blog! As from today this an award free blog. I love the fact that I get them but I just don't have the time to pass them on and your comments are the biggest awards I could get!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...