Thursday, June 23, 2011

Review: Daphne and the silver ash by Joss Llewelyn

Title:             
Daphne and the silver Ash
Author:         
Joss Llewelyn
Pages:            
76 ( on my e-reader )
Catagory:      
fantasy, young adult



The story:


For fans of The Last Unicorn, Labyrinth, Legend, and other fine stories that begin with "L":

In the weary old city of Trevell, young Daphne happily divides her time between caring for her family and crafting the finest shoes in town. But when she is summoned to sing for a panicking phoenix afraid of its fiery rebirth, Daphne is swept up in a thousand-year-old struggle for survival between immortal spirits. 

Endowed with the phoenix's powers of air and fire, as well as the creature's beautiful golden skin and ruby feathers, Daphne has only a few hours to save a dying tree, restore a crumbling city, and stop an invading army before the phoenix's fire consumes her mortal heart.

The view of a book addict:


This was a lovely book, the problem for me with most fantasy books is that there are so many characters you have to keep up with. This book follows just one story and that worked really well for me.
I loved the writing style, it moved along in a fast pace but you never had the feeling you were missing something. I loved the main character and I admire her courage. I couldn’t wait to read the end of the story to know how it was going to end.

The verdict of a book addict:
A lovely book, if you like a good fantasy story this is your book!


Total of Ratties:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments and I always try to comment back, so make sure you leave a link to your own blog! As from today this an award free blog. I love the fact that I get them but I just don't have the time to pass them on and your comments are the biggest awards I could get!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...