Monday, June 27, 2011

Review: Hemingway man by Jim Maher


Title:             
Hemingway man
Author:          
Jim Maher 
Pages:            
137( on my e-reader )
Catagory:       
young adult



The story:


Sixteen-year-old Will has just lost his father. With no one else to guide him towards manhood, he follows the teachings of Ernest Hemingway: 

1. Plant a tree. 
2. Write a book. 
3. Fight a bull 
4. Have a son. 

Good luck with that. 

*** 

Hemingway Man is a fast-paced 50,000 word coming-of-age novella with plenty of laughs and a gripping larger-than-life narrative. Will is an instantly likeable narrator as he embarks upon his "man quest"


The view of a book addict:
It was a lovely story about a boy trying to grow up without his father. He decides to follow the rules Hemmingway set to be a real man. Because of his young age he takes this litteraly.
I thought it was a really sweet story about a boy trying to pick up his life after his father died. I loved the way he saw life, it makes you want to reach out to your inner child again, although it’s a sad story.

The verdict of a book addict:


A very sweet book! I’m glad I’ve got the chance to read it.


Total of Ratties:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments and I always try to comment back, so make sure you leave a link to your own blog! As from today this an award free blog. I love the fact that I get them but I just don't have the time to pass them on and your comments are the biggest awards I could get!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...