Monday, February 13, 2012

Meme: Memorable Monday

So this is my first time participating in this new meme. I saw it last week but just couldn't find the right quote. But this week I have the perfect one. The Memorable Monday meme is hosted by Escape In A Book . Check out their blog as well!
The book I want to share a quote from is The hunger games by Suzanne Collins. I'm reading this book for the second time, because I bought the whole series in Englis recently. I just love this book, it makes me laugh, cry and keeps me on the edge of my seat. So here is my quote:

"I volunteer!" I gasp. "I volunteer as tribute!" 

It's a short quote but I just love it, it jus sets the tone for the rest of the book. I remember reading it for the first time and I had shivers down my spine just because she just sacrifices herself for her little sister. I hope you enjoyed my Memorable Monday!


  1. Nice quote! The Hunger Games are one of my all-time favourite books. It's been a while since I've read the books, rereading them would be a good idea.

  2. I LOVE The Hunger Games. The first book is on of my favorites ever. The quote almost makes me want to cry :) Thank you for sharing it.

    Right now I'm desperately awaiting the movie to come out.

    You're totally right, this quote totally sets the tone for the rest of your book. I have to admit there were times when I couldn't relate to Katniss that much, but that family-loving part of her always got me back to love her character.
    I only finished The Hunger Games trilogy a month ago, and there are a lot of books on my shelf right now, but this quote SO wants me to go and reread these awesome books.

  4. I have to read the book! Ah! But yes it does sound amazing! I need to hurry up and read the books so I know what everyone is talking about. Thanks for sharing.

    Emilia @ The Story Seekers

  5. Ah yes--the strength of Katniss! I love this series and look forward to the movie next month! Good quote.

  6. Eeeep! A Hunger Games quote! I love the Hunger Games! I can't wait to see this on the big screen.

    Kelly @ Dandelion Dreams


I love reading comments and I always try to comment back, so make sure you leave a link to your own blog! As from today this an award free blog. I love the fact that I get them but I just don't have the time to pass them on and your comments are the biggest awards I could get!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...