Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Review: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins


Title:               The Hunger Games
Author:           Suzanne Collins
Pages:             454
Catagory:        Distopian, Young adult



The story:

In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV. 

Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she steps forward to take her sister's place in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before—and survival, for her, is second nature. Without really meaning to, she becomes a contender. But if she is to win, she will have to start making choices that will weigh survival against humanity and life against love. (taken from goodreads )


The view of a book addict:


When I read this book for the first time it was in dutch, so a little while ago I decided to get the books in English and start reading them again. And I have to say the second time you read the first book is just as amazing as the first time.
Although you know what’s going to happen you can’t help but feel like it’s the first time you’re reading it. I was still on the edge of my seat, I still hated the Capitol and I still hoped Katniss would win the games. I can only say that Suzanne Collins wrote an amazing book and series and I hope she’s going to write many more books like this.

The verdict of a book addict:


If a book can make you feel like you’re reading it for the first time although you’re reading it for the second time than it’s a really good book!


Total of Ratties:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments and I always try to comment back, so make sure you leave a link to your own blog! As from today this an award free blog. I love the fact that I get them but I just don't have the time to pass them on and your comments are the biggest awards I could get!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...