Saturday, February 4, 2012

Review: Beautiful Malice by Rebecca James

Title:               Beautiful Malice
Author:           Rebecca James
Pages:             285
Catagory:        young adult



The story:

'Truth or dare?' She asks. 
I hesitate. 'Truth,' I say finally. 'I can imagine one of your dares, and I don't fancy running down Oxford Street naked tonight.' 
'Truth,' Alice says slowly, drawing out the vowel sound as if she's savouring the word. 'Are you sure? Are you sure you can be completely honest?' 
'I think so. Try me.' 
'Okay.' And then she looks at me curiously. 'So. Were you glad, deep down? Were you glad to be rid of her? Your perfect sister? Were you secretly glad when she was killed?' 

Katherine has moved away from her shattered family to start afresh in Sydney. There she keeps her head down until she is befriended by the charismatic, party-loving Alice, who brings her out of her shell. But there is a dark side to Alice, something seductive yet threatening. And as Katherine learns the truth about Alice, their tangled destinies spiral to an explosive and devastating finale. 

An intense and addictive psychological thriller

(taken from goodreads )

The view of a book addict:
First I have to admit that I read the book in dutch, so the title for me was  “schitterend kwaad”. As a reader of fantasy in every form I Love to read something completely diffrent from time to time. And this is a book that’s been on my to read list for a very long time. I finally decided to pick it up and I’m not sorry I did.
The story is so gripping from the first line to the last, you get sucked into the story and I just had to keep turning the pages to find out what was going to happen next. I loved the storyline, it was sad but the way it was written was really beautiful.

The verdict of a book addict:


A great book, I think this is a book that really deserves a chance to be read because it’s really beautiful.


Total of Ratties:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments and I always try to comment back, so make sure you leave a link to your own blog! As from today this an award free blog. I love the fact that I get them but I just don't have the time to pass them on and your comments are the biggest awards I could get!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...