Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Review: Nevermore by Kelley Creagh

Goodreads summary


Cheerleader Isobel Lanley is horrified when she is paired with Varen Nethers for an English project, which is due—so unfair—on the day of the rival game. Cold and aloof, sardonic and sharp-tongued, Varen makes it clear he’d rather not have anything to do with her either. But when Isobel discovers strange writing in his journal, she can’t help but give this enigmatic boy with the piercing eyes another look.
Soon, Isobel finds herself making excuses to be with Varen. Steadily pulled away from her friends and her possessive boyfriend, Isobel ventures deeper and deeper into the dream world Varen has created through the pages of his notebook, a realm where the terrifying stories of Edgar Allan Poe come to life.
As her world begins to unravel around her, Isobel discovers that dreams, like words, hold more power than she ever imagined, and that the most frightening realities are those of the mind. Now she must find a way to reach Varen before he is consumed by the shadows of his own nightmares.
His life depends on it.

Review:

OMG that's what's going through my mind right now. I picked up this book because I really like Poe and reading what this book was about on the internte made me really curious.

I just couldn't put this book down, I wanted to know how the story would go even knowing there would be more books to come and the ending of this book wouldn't be THE ending.

I loved the fact that the characters weren't in love from page one. I just loved reading about them, and seeing the signs that they liked each other. I can't wait for the next book to come out so I can read more about Varen and Isobel!



Total of Ratties:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments and I always try to comment back, so make sure you leave a link to your own blog! As from today this an award free blog. I love the fact that I get them but I just don't have the time to pass them on and your comments are the biggest awards I could get!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...