Friday, December 24, 2010

Author Friday: Maggie Stiefvater

So I hade the pleasure to meet this wonderful author of the wolves of mercy falls series. I got the first book in the series last yar for christmas and I really loved the story. The fact that the wolves didn't turn because of the moon but because of the temperature.

So I was really happy when I found out there would be more books in the series and I couldn't wait for the next book to come out. So this year the second book came out and it even got translated in dutch! Through her facebookpage I found out that Maggie was going to visit the Netherlands but I couldn't find a location or a venue. After talking about it with my best friend we decided to send an e-mail to the publicist, they adviced us to contact the dutch publicist so we did. And then the waiting began, and to our suprise I found a response in my inbox. They told us Maggie wouldn't do a signing but because we went to all this trouble to find out we were invited to the official releaseparty of the dutch translation!

Well of course me and my friend went there and we were so nervous. At first we didn't know if we could just walk in there but we were lucky someone started a speech about the book. So we decided to just walk in and stand on the back of the room for a little while. And then someone approached us and asked us who we were. So we told him that who we were and that we e-mailed them about Maggie and we got invited to the launch party. After talking to him and the women that translated the book for a while the big moment was there we got to meet Maggie.

My english isn't that bad but with Maggie in front of me I couldn't say anything I was so nervous! Luckily Maggie talks a lot so we talked about her books and about our personal lives. We even got a free book, and Maggie signed it for us! After we talked for a while we took a picture with her and then it was time to leave for home again. I held the book tight all the way home!

After meeting her I loved her even more! So that's why she is the first author I write about, she is my all time favourite author!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments and I always try to comment back, so make sure you leave a link to your own blog! As from today this an award free blog. I love the fact that I get them but I just don't have the time to pass them on and your comments are the biggest awards I could get!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...