Thursday, April 28, 2011

Review: Union of Renegades ( The Rys chronicles #1) by Tracy Falbe

Title:               Union of renegades ( The Rys chronicles # 1 )
Author:           Tracy Falbe
Pages:             338 ( on my e-reader )
Catagory:        Fantasy



The story:

The Rys Chronicles begin with this character-rich adventure that follows the travels of Dreibrand Veta, an ambitious warrior who seeks to rebuild his noble family's fortune. He is the first to join the powerful rys spellcaster Shan, whose race possesses magical powers and whose Queen Onja rules many human kingdoms as their Goddess. The wickedness and tyranny of Onja disgust Shan and he desires to seize the rys throne from her. The third renegade is Miranda. After escaping from her abusive slave master, she becomes a crucial player in Shan's bid for power. To weaken Onja, Shan raises rebellion among her human subjects and gathers allies to his cause. Shan demonstrates his magic in battle and convinces his followers that the fearsome rys Queen can be overthrown. For over two thousand years Onja has ruled, but now, not even fear of her ability to enslave souls will stop her ambitious enemies


The view of a book addict:


The story is really great, but I had a little trouble getting into it. I love fantasy novels, but somehow they always take a little time to grow on me. I loved the background information about the worlds the author created. They made the world easier to see while you read the book The maps looked really great even on my e-reader.
Something that spoke to me was that you just didn’t follow one character, I always like to read more point of views of a story. This story took a little time to grow on me but once it di dit wouldn’t let me go. I’m really curious about what will happen next in this series.

The verdict of a book addict:


A great fantasy book, that took me a little time to get into but evantually captured me. This book is for all the real fantasy lovers.

Total of Ratties:



1 comment:

  1. BookGirl, I'm so glad you enjoyed my fantasy novel. Thank you for taking the time to read it.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments and I always try to comment back, so make sure you leave a link to your own blog! As from today this an award free blog. I love the fact that I get them but I just don't have the time to pass them on and your comments are the biggest awards I could get!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...